Monday, May 23, 2011

An extension

So there will be no favorite things post this week for the simple reason that I have officially discovered the price at which my soul can be bought.

No, in all seriousness, I have been convinced by my boss to extend my contract an additional three weeks to give him time to find a better replacement for the awesomeness that is Erin-teacher. This comes right after Teacher's Day, which is a glorified popularity contest amongst the teachers to see which is the favorite of the students, judged by the number and quality of the presents they receive on said holiday. I'm pleased to say I trounced the competition this year, and apparently this did not escape the notice of the boss, who called me into his office last Wednesday offering me the moon and stars to stay just a little longer.

It was a tough decision, believe me. The logical reasoning part of my brain was telling me that it would be stupid not to stay--it was only three weeks after all, and I would more than make up for my time spent here. The emotional part of my brain, the part that was already homesick and looking forward to being home for certain celebrations that were to occur towards the beginning of the month, was fighting tooth and nail to remind me that there was a reason I was leaving after the end of June. In the end, it was the rational half that won out.

So this means we are moving the countdown back a little. I'm currently sitting at about 8 1/2 weeks, so when I get a little closer to being on track I will start the countdown again with #6. Until then, I just want to let everyone know that I love you and miss you and will definitely be seeing you soon. Just not as soon as I originally thought.

1 comment:

おにぎりまん said...

so did you ever decide where you're gonna go? I hate the suspense!