Sunday, June 14, 2015

Well, hello bloggy world. It's been a while. I promise I haven't forgotten you, though in the almost four years since I've posted something here probably makes it seem like I have. I've been busy living life--getting my M.A. and applying for my Ph.D., moving halfway across the country, buying a house and taking care of two fur babies... the excuses go on--and unfortunately there hasn't been enough gaijin life for me to write about. Until now.

In a few short days, I am headed off to Japan's northern-most island, Hokkaido, to a city called Hakodate to take part in an intensive language program and live with a Japanese host family. I am beyond excited to get to live for nearly two months in a place I have never been to before and even more thrilled that I won't have to deal with the sweltering heat and humidity of Tokyo for a change. Hopefully living there will give me something to write about for a change.

No comments: