Monday, November 30, 2009

My first month.

So I finally finally finally had time to finish uploading all the pictures from the past couple of weeks. I've done some really fun things, including going to a sauna, making kimchi, going to my second Korean wedding, and having a wonderful Thanksgiving with some of the other American teachers over here. I've been busy too, between teaching at my main school during the week and tutoring on the weekend for a private school. I haven't had a day off in weeks.

I'm still missing some pictures too, including the Korean engagement party that preceded and was responsible for my attendance at the second wedding. I'm still waiting for someone to email those pictures to me, but when they do I will definitely be making a post about that night. It was quite a night.

As of tomorrow, I will have been in Korea for one month. It has been a very interesting, very wonderful month, and I am very much looking forward to the next twelve-plus months that I hope will follow. I do miss some things from life in the states, chief among them real coffee, but I think I am adjusting well. I've made some good friends at the school where I am working, and they are all more than helpful when it comes to both class and getting along in Korean. One of them even came over and helped me put sticky notes on my washing machine so I can read what the buttons are. I enjoy both my elementary and middle school kids and the high school kids I teach on the weekends. I'm also really really looking forward to my school's Christmas Special that we are putting on this week for all the parents. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, maybe even a video if I can. I just wish I didn't have to sing in front of all my students and their parents....

Hopefully it will not be so long between this and my next post. I may be moving again towards the end of December, so if I fall off the face of the Earth again, you'll know why. If you are interested in sending Christmas/birthday gifts, just let me know. I already have a wish list going.... ^_^

1 comment:

Joe M. said...

If you send me your address, I'll send you coffee for Christmas. It will be whole-bean, so you'll have to have a grinder and a coffee maker to enjoy it, but surely those can't be *that* hard to find.