Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer intesives

Well, it is almost that time of year again when I go into hiding and no one sees or hears from me for a month. Summer intensive session starts tomorrow, and my day will begin around 8am and go until around 8pm in the evening. This does not include, of course, the number of hours I will spend preparing material for my classes, grading the increased number of assignments I have to assign, and generally beating my head against a wall when I run into complications and problems (which, naturally, are boundless during this time of year). So just in case I don't talk to any of you over the next month, I want to let you know that you will be missed and that you are more than welcome to try and call me whenever. I just can't guarantee that my brain will be connected to my spinal cord when you do.

As if this month wasn't already busy enough for me, I'm going to be taking the writing section of the GRE on August 2nd. In Korea they do a split administration, so I will take the writing section now and then in October will sit myself down and try to do the math/verbal section. I'm trying to study while handling my intensives workload, which is another reason why it might be difficult to get a hold of me. I'm not sure what, if anything, I will do with these GRE scores, but it's a step that I needed to take.

All right, enough for boring updates. I'll see you all in a month, though if something truly exciting does happen, I will be sure to let you know.

No comments: